This weekend, State Rep. Connie Pillich (D-Montgomery), outlined issues she will address if elected state treasurer.
A graduate of the University of Cincinnati school of law and the University of North Dakota, Rep. Pillich said she is well qualified to serve as treasurer. “I also had the best leadership training in the world as an officer in the U.S. Air Force,” she said.
Rep. Pillich said that as treasurer, she will make sure Ohioans’ taxes and money paid by public employees into a state pension fund are secure and invested wisely. She also said she’d raise awareness of financial literacy programs, such as Save NOW, which offers a 3% interest rate to residents who set up savings accounts of $1,000 to $5,000.
“There’s a lot of opportunity in this office to make Ohio stronger, but you need someone who’s committed to the office, as I am,” Pillich said.
Via The Intelligencer.
- State Rep. Pillich to challenge Mandel for treasurer
- Dems to pit Pillich versus Mandel
- Connie Pillich: Is Your Uterus a Budget Issue?
- State Rep. Pillich challenges Mandel
- Bill to link veterans to OH bonuses via tax info
- Democratic lawmaker launches 2014 run for state treasurer