The Sub Zero Mission is a charity to prevent the freezing injuries caused by extreme weather of homeless and financially destitute Americans, with special focus on military veterans.
Painesville’s Heritage Middle School wrapped up its clothing and blanket drive to help “Stuff the Bus” for homeless families and veterans in northeast Ohio. The mission bus was parked at Heritage for several weeks for staff, students and local community members to bring items to donate.
Many middle school classes took on the challenge. Mrs. Harris and Mr. Henderson’s class made homemade fleece blankets to donate to Sub Zero Mission. Other items donated were coats, sleeping bags, tents, blankets, hats, gloves, scarves, snow pants, fleece, sweatshirts, and hoodies.
All donated items will be delivered to the homeless in northeast Ohio this winter.
- Clinton School wants sleeping bags for homeless
- Westside Rescue seeks donations for holiday homeless event
- Business owner collects items for families in need
- Group Donates Blankets to Cedar Rapids Homeless
- Hey, I need a blanket…
- Lake County Gives Generously for the Homeless and Cold