The National Vigil in remembrance of the Newtown Victims is being broadcast on the internet beginning at 3:40 PM. Go to www.newtownfoundation.org/vigil to watch the live feed.
Below is a list of Ohioevents being held to remember the victims of the Newtown tragedy.
NORTHEAST OHIO REGION EVENTS
December 13, 2013, Tiffin, Ohio
The Quad County Coalition for the Sensible Regulation of Guns peace vigil is Friday, December 13 at 4:30 pm at Courthouse Square in Tiffin, Ohio. The gathering will remember those who lost their lives at Newtown and others who have lost their lives to senseless gun violence.
December 14, 2013, Parma, Ohio
Moms Demand Action Ohio is sponsoring a remembrance ceremony for the twenty-six lives lost at Sandy Hook Elementary School. The event will be held at 2:00 pm at Veteran’s Memorial Park, 6328 State Road, Parma, Ohio.
December 15, 2013, Cleveland Ohio
The Multi-Faith Coalition to Reduce Gun Violence is hosting a Service of Commemoration remembering those lost to gun violence at Sandy Hook Elementary School. The Service is Sunday, December 15, 2013 at 4:00 pm at the Church of the Covenant, 11205 Euclid Avenue, Cleveland, Ohio. Keynote address by Rabbi Robert A. Nosanchuk, Senior Rabbi of Anshe Chesed Fairmont Temple.
CENTRAL OHIO EVENTS
December 14, 2013, Columbus Ohio
Moms Demand Action Ohio and Mayors Against Illegal Guns is sponsoring a remembrance ceremony for the twenty-six lives lost at Sandy Hook Elementary School. The event will be held at 9:00 am at the Family Missionary Baptist Church, 1014 Oakwood Avenue, Columbus Ohio.
SOUTHWEST OHIO EVENTS
December 14, 2013, Cincinnati, Ohio
Moms Demand Action Ohio and Organizing for America is sponsoring a remembrance ceremony for the twenty-six lives lost at the Sandy Hook Elementary School. The event will be held at 6:30pm at Clifton United Methodist, 3416 Clifton Avenue, Cincinnati, Ohio.
- Where Do Ohio’s Gun Laws Stand One Year After Newtown Tragedy?
- Gun makers thriving one year after Newtown
- Gun Control Final Project
- State Gun Laws Enacted in the Year Since Newtown
- 911 recordings from Sandy Hook shootings to be released
- Families of Sandy Hook Shooting Victims Aim to Take ‘Newtown Effect’ to Gun-control Debate Nation-wide
- Progress On Gun Control Seemed Inevitable After Sandy Hook, But Apparently That Was Wrong
- Daily drumbeat of child homicides gets little notice
- Families vow to bring ‘Newtown effect’ to gun-control debate