The letter led by Senators Portman and Brown was also signed by ten of their Senate colleagues.
Senators Portman and Brown have worked together to champion the American steel industry and to make sure it can compete in the international market. Earlier this year, Senators Portman and Brown applauded U.S. Steel’s announcement that it would consider expanding operations in Lorain. The Senators’ efforts were vital to ensuring U.S. Steel was provided relief from Chinese steel pipe imports, and as a result, could support its facility in Lorain.
Via Norwalk Reflector.
- Sen. Jeff Sessions urging trade commission to maintain level playing field for U.S. steel industry
- Steel production rises by 8,000 tons in Great Lakes states
- Lightweight Steel Twist Beam Achieves 30 Percent Mass Reduction At Lower Cost Than Alternative Materials
- Steel production rises by 26,000 tons in Great Lakes states
- U.S. Steel to shut down Hamilton Works
- Senator Rob Portman: ‘I am Inclined to Support’ ENDA
- U.S. Steel’s Portage plant cranking out steel for carmakers