- Crossroads received fifty donations of one million dollars in 2012.
- One single donation totaled over $22 million.
- $6.3 million of that was spent attacking Sherrod Brown in Ohio.
Who are the millionaires financing Rove’s attack machine? We don’t know – and they don’t have to tell us.
Citizens United opened the door to monumental spending in our elections. The more multi-million dollar donations these groups pocket, the more they spend to buy elections in America.
Congress needs to take steps now to restore safeguards in our campaign finance system. Join the grassroots movement. Add your name to our petition to stop the effects of Citizens United.
- POTUS Strikes Back: Obama Takes on Citizens United
- Karl Rove’s SuperPAC Gets Busted for Filing ‘Bullsh*t’ Documents with IRS
- Karl Rove-Backed Groups Raised $325 Million in 2012 Cycle
- “Social welfare” group – Rove’s PAC for millionaires
- Pro Publica reveals another example of how Karl Rove built his taxpayer-subsidized political machine
- Obama prepares to use IRS to crack down on his political enemies