The Public Library of Cincinnati and Hamilton County’s Main Library is the busiest library in the United States for the second year in a row, according to the recently released 2013 Public Library Data Service statistical report, published annually by the Public Library Association, the largest division of the American Library Association.
According to the survey, the Cincinnati Main Library lent more materials (including books, eBooks and downloadables, DVDs, and audio books) during 2012 than any other central library in the U.S. More than 38% of the materials loaned by the entire Library system are checked out at the Main Library.
In addition, the Cuyahoga County public library system ranks as the fourth busiest and Cincinnati’s public library system ranks as the seventh busiest in the United States.
Public Library System Location Circulation
1. New York Public Library, NY 28,278,150
2. Multnomah County, OR 24,794,942
3. King County, WA 22,063,110
4. Cuyahoga County, OH 20,612,749
5. Brooklyn, NY 19,254,167
6. Queens Borough, NY 18,631,911
7. Cincinnati, OH 17,335,953
- Public Library of Cincinnati and Hamilton County Ranked as the Busiest Central Library in the U.S.
- 10 Amazing Pictures of Cincinnati Public Library
- 15 Gorgeous Photos Of The Old Cincinnati Library
- Book returned to library after 39 years
- Digital bookmobile comes to Tri-State
- Lost library book returned after nearly 40 years