Gov. Kasich’s twenty-seven cabinet members earn an average pay of more than $131,000. At least twenty-two of them receive an extra $6,000 annual car allowance. At least seven cabinet members are on government pensions in addition to receiving their salaries.
Members of the General Assembly earn $60,584 for part-time work; the average salary of Ohio workers is just over $40,000. Among the seventy representatives and senators who voted for SB 5, only eight earn the least legislative salary. The remaining 62 receive “leadership bonuses” ranging from $5,000 to $34,000 annually. The average bonus is $8,600.
Twelve House and Senate members are double dippers; one is a triple dipper. House Speaker William Batchelder (R-Medina) receives over $100,000 in PERS pension, in addition to his legislative salary of $94,500.
Members of the General Assembly receive unlimited sick pay for any reason.
- John Kasich Replaces Rick Scott As Most Unpopular Governor In 2011 (tipggita32.wordpress.com)
- ProgressOhio suggests Gov. Kasich is funneling state money to supporters (dailykos.com)
- Another example Millionaires Rick Perry and John Kasich’s idea of “austerity” (iflizwerequeen.com)
- Labor Poised to Defeat Kasich, Anti-Union SB 5 in Ohio (news.firedoglake.com)
- Kasich can expect a turnpike fight (dispatch.com)