With all the talk about Issue 2, there is another ballot issue slipping under the radar. Issue 3 will do damage to Ohio.
Law professors across the state agree that Issue 3 is so badly worded that it would likely throw a wrench in many of the following programs:
- Workers Compensation
- insurance coverage in child support orders
- college student health insurance requirements
- disease and immunization tracking or requirements
- stopping pill mills
- court ordered healthcare for the mentally ill and substance abusers
- consumer protection against fake health insurance
- consumer protection against false medical treatments
- medical worker and insurance agent licensing
Every major newspaper editorial board, including papers who opposed healthcare reform (e.g., the Dispatch and The Plain Dealer), have endorsed a No vote on Issue 3.