On Friday, Judge Dick Ambrose of Cleveland agreed with a jury that recommended the death penalty for serial killer Anthony Sowell and imposed the sentence of death.
Even without the death sentence, the sentences for Sowell’s other crimes (including abuse of a corpse and rape) total more than 250 years in jail.
Like all those sentenced to death in Ohio, Sowell now has an automatic appeal before the Ohio Supreme Court.
When Judge Ambrose asked if he understood the details of his sentence, Sowell did not respond.
- Cleveland Jury Recommends Death for Sowell, Who Killed 11 (onebluestocking.wordpress.com)
- Anthony Sowell, Ohio Serial Killer Who Murdered 11, Sentenced To Death By Judge (huffingtonpost.com)
- Serial killer sentenced to death for murdering 11 women (giriyaadnews.wordpress.com)
- Ohio serial killer Anthony Sowell sentenced to death – Chicago Sun-Times (news.google.com)
- Convicted Ohio serial killer sentenced to death – CNN (news.google.com)