The group wants an injunction to prevent the United States from going to war without Congressional consent. They filed suit in District Court after Rep. Kucinich failed to get a majority vote for an injunction in Congress early this month.
The administration responded by saying it is not at war in the sense of action requiring Congressional approval under the 1973 War Powers Resolution. The White House has provided briefings to Congress many times.
Rep. Kucinich says he thinks Pres. Obama violated the 1973 act that requires the President to get Congressional approval within 60 days of commencing military action.
- Is U.S. Attack on Libya Legal? Rep. Dennis Kucinich Debates Former Reagan Attorney Robert Turner (dandelionsalad.wordpress.com)
- Rep. Dennis Kucinich Leads Lawsuit Against White House For Libya Mission (mediaite.com)
- 10 Members of Congress Sue President Obama over Illegal Libya War by Dennis J. Kucinich (dandelionsalad.wordpress.com)
- Criticizing Obama, Kucinich credits Bush for asking Congress to go to war (thehill.com)
- Lawmakers Sue President Obama Over “Illegal Libya War” (blogs.abcnews.com)