On Tuesday morning, the United States Supreme Court denied a last minute appeal to halt the execution of Daniel Lee Bedford, allowing his execution to proceed as scheduled.
Bedford, who was pronounced dead at 11:18 a.m., claimed that he did not remember the crime that landed him on death row 27 years ago.
- Ohio execution in ’84 slayings set to proceed (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- Ohio man to be executed in ’84 shooting deaths (msnbc.msn.com)
- Killer of 2 is executed after 27 years (dispatch.com)
- Kasich denies clemency for Bedford (dispatch.com)
- Killer’s scheduled execution blocked by federal judge (dispatch.com)