Despite taking these first steps to campaign, Mandel says that he is officially undecided about running against Senator Sherrod Brown in 2012. Mandel is taking serious heat for making the move to run against Sen. Brown, as he promised just be for last year’s elections that he would serve his full term if elected.
Mandel, 33, is a former state legislator from Lyndhurst. He defeated Democrat Kevin Boyce last year to become treasurer.
- Dems say Mandel’s Senate bid breaks pledge to Ohio voters (dispatch.com)
- Treasurer Mandel takes aim at Brown (dispatch.com)
- Mandel says many urge him to run against Brown (dispatch.com)
- Joel Mowbray: A Josh Mandel update (powerlineblog.com)
- Brown building up campaign bank account (politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com)