On Monday, Governor John Kasich held a news conference where he spoke about the sale and privatization of five state prisons.
Gov. Kasich said the proposal to privatize the state’s prisons, which has come under much scrutiny, sees as its goals lower violence and recidivism and saved money. He has yet to explain specifically how he plans to achieve these goals when the prisons will be in private hands.
Nonetheless, Gov. Kasich presents two paths for people: Be part of the change – or don’t. “Ohio must get ready to change if we are going to survive,” he said, adding that if a person doesn’t address his health, he gets sick.
He knows how to uplift a crowd, this one.
- Gov. Kasich: Ohioans Must Get Used To Change – NPR (news.google.com)
- Marion open for privatized-prison business (dispatch.com)
- Kasich might privatize lottery, newspaper reports (dispatch.com)
- Kasich plans to sell 5 prisons (dispatch.com)
- Sale of prisons, fewer inmates part of budget plan (dispatch.com)